All of our SmartHaus custom green homes include the following features:
- Solar Energy Systems
- Efficient Building Envelope
- Efficient Lighting
- Energy Star Appliances
- High-Efficiency Heating and Cooling Systems
- Rain Collection Systems
- Energy Monitoring System
SmartHaus Floor Plans
Depending on the style of custom green home you choose, your home will include the following:
- Three Bedrooms approximately 2,400 square feet
- First floor Master Bedroom Suite
- Two-car attached garage
- Super Insulation: R-60 roof, R-30 walls
- Radiant Heating, Air-conditioning
- 200-amp electrical service
- LED lighting with dimming control
- High efficiency fireplace
- Natural ventilation w/energy recovery
- Fiber cement siding and trim
- Low VOC finishes, FSC certified lumber
- Rainwater harvesting
- Drought tolerant plantings
- Phone, data and cable ready
SmartHaus Optional Upgrades
In addition to the features and floor plans above, you may choose to add the following upgrades to your custom green home:
- Geothermal Heat Pump for heating/cooling
- Photovoltaic system 2-5kw
- Full finished basement
- Roof deck with green roof modules
SmartHaus Preliminary LEED Platinum Certification
All of our SmartHaus custom green homes include the LEED Platinum Certification which is the national certification system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USBGC). The USBGC encourages the use of resource-efficient and energy-efficient buildings.
Leed Homes Benefits include:
- Durable structures that are built to last and require less maintenance.
- Reduced electricity, natural gas, and water bills.
- Lower heating bills by up to 51% or more in the Midwest.
- Receive 5% insurance discounts.
- Increases appraised property value and real estate listing time on market.
- May receive incentives such as building permit rebates.